Our 8th donation is 1 sack of 8kg power cat cat food, delivered via grab, merry christmas and thank you very much for your support.
Our 7th donation is another request, this time, it’s detick plus. the donation was ordered through shopee and will arrive in a few days. as usual we will post pictures, when available. also we are working on boarding new beneficiaries since the recent typhoon has done so much damage. we are always actively looking for ways to help more.
Our 6th donation was a request of rice, instead of pet food, we donated 20kg of sta. rosa rice bigas ng masa on Oct 26, 2020, will post pictures soon, we are still not able to make deliveries ourselves, hopefully in the near future we will be able to do so. This donation was made through grab express delivery.
Our 5th donation is another 16.8kg of Apro Tuna Cat Food, received the same day, smooth donation as well, looking forward to making more. Will post beneficiary testimonial as soon as they are available.
Thank you very much for your support!
Our 4th donation is 16.8kg of Apro Tuna Cat Food, received the same day, and finally, we have something to show, delivered with Grab. Check the link below for the facebook post!
Thank you very much for your support!
Our 3rd donation was also smoothly fulfilled, however due to to GCQ protocols, we are still having a hard time, coming up with a workflow to get testimonials on the deliveries aside from the beneficiaries themselves, it would be cool to document the process and how it works. The donated good is a 15kg Migliorgatto Cat Food.
Okay, this process was an example of easier said than done. First of all the project was in no way prepared to be released on iOS. so that has to come first and hopefully make a successful build first. Just to get the game running in the platform without crashing. From there bugs and features can be ironed out fairly easily, at least that what I was thinking at the moment, and boy how wrong was I.
All the SDKs I was using were all outdated, for the current version and mandate to stay with the Apple standard. Despite this minor inconveniences, as a developer you really have to give props to Apple for really making their apps amazingly optimized, I mean it’s so optimized you can’t even joke about it. Not just the optimization but the whole process getting your app on iOS was really written down, with all the quality checks. This kinda worries me though, as the release for apple has to come way slower but of better quality.
The build, succeeded in Xcode 11.5, finally the app is on iOS, you open it and it crashed. Oh boy, at least the build was there. Now to find why it’s crashing on startup. Here come the SDK compatibility issues with CocoaPods. Basically, all SDK needs to be updated to the latest versions. So I did, and oh god, the amount of errors has been rather alarming I think is the better word for this. The SDK versions in my app are not the same on CocoaPods, thus the breaking begins. I managed to get the version right. and built it again, yes it’s not crashing. it’s not crashing doesn’t mean it’s working right as well.
Anyway, I tried to submit a build, and hey hey surprise, the version of the game engine I’m using has a bug specifically for uploading your build to app store connect. and it’s present across all yearly Iteration. the latest version doesn’t mean the bug was not there as well. and upgrading a project is one of the most infrequent things you want to do. As the stability of the project should come first. Had to find a stable build with vouching of the bug fixed, easily enough one the comments stated a version with a few upvotes. I guess this is legit enough. Back up the project and try to upgrade.
It doesn’t end there. After upgrading, literally everything breaks, a lot of the SDK has been deprecated in this version, So I literally have to migrate all SDKs to their latest versions and make sure the Android version builds first. As you can see, fixing one thing breaks everything, what is not to love about development. The weird thing is, a lot of the SDK has redundancies with previous version DLL files. That’s another roadblock and honestly, you don’t want to touch those. We go to our back up and start over. I managed to get a successful running build on Android about 3 more tries and starting the SDK upgrade process over and over. And again we are now ready to try and port to build for the app store connect. hopefully, we can get an iOS release within the next few months.
The 2nd donation this June 25, 2020, went smoother as we’re able to donate 15kg of Pet Food, through one of our partnered suppliers. I have to say this process was so much better as it was completed within a few hours. Delivery was handled by Grab, very convenient and fast, the driver was friendly too in spite of the wrong destination address in google map. The donation was received the same day.
Our 1st donation effort this May 25, 2020, was exciting and at the same time encountered a lot of hindrances. For our donation, we donated a Bravecto anti-tick. Also, I learned what a Bravecto is, new learning every day. Anyway, it was great that the strict protocols during this pandemic were lessened that allowed donations to be made.
The order was made through Shopee due to availability concerns, the order encountered a payment mishap due to the payment method used was down at the moment, the payment went through though; after several customer support calls later, I was pretty sure this couldn’t be resolved within the day and order was still pending. Long story short. It was delivered and cleared 3 days after and received about a week later.